How to Make Cherry Pepper Poppers
- With a paring knife, begin to trim off the tops of the peppers and take their centers off (including the veins and seeds).
- In a jar (it must be big enough to hold the cherry peppers), you will need to add the vinegars and the salt. Start mixing until the salt has properly dissolved. Then you can add the oil, herbs, and garlic.
- Now, cut the cheese into cubes that can easily fit inside the peppers. Wrap the cheese cubes in prosciutto and stuff them into the peppers. Drop the stuffed cherry peppers in the jar. If the dressing does not cover the peppers, you can add more oil to it.
- Cover the jar and shake it properly. Place it in the refrigerator overnight before you serve them.
- When serving, take the peppers out of the jar and place them on a plate. Serve these as an appetizer or side to any dish.
- Cherry peppers are the most underrated peppers.
- When cherry peppers are ripe, they are just as red and big as cherry tomatoes, which is why they often get confused as cherry tomatoes.
On the eastern side, many different dishes contain these cherry peppers because of the heat they add.