How to Make Chapala Vepudu
- Start of by properly cleaning and de-scaling the fish.
- Once you’ve properly cleaned and de-scaled the fish, dry it properly and keep it refrigerated.
- Now, mix salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, rice flour, corn flour, ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder and lemon juice together,
- Mix them well enough to form a consistent paste.
- Then marinate the fish in this paste.
- Keep marinating for around 5 minutes.
- Leave the marinated fish aside for 1 hour.
- Start heating oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot enough, deep fry the fish.
- Keep frying on each side until its tender enough according to your preference.
- Heat oil in another pan.
- Add some curry leaves, green chilies, and onions to this paste and keep stirring.
- Keep sautéing the onions until they become translucent.
- Add some coriander powder, red chilies, turmeric powder, lime juice and rub them thoroughly on the fish.
- Toss the fish until you feel the paste has properly fussed in the fish.
- Serve with lemon juice on top.
The Whale shark is the largest species of fish anywhere in the world.