How to make Cartoon Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 °
- Flour and grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, add 1 can pie filling and combine.
- Add in the cake mix and beat until it is well mixed.
- Note: The batter will be stiff.
- Evenly disperse half of the batter into each pan.
- Bake at 350 °F for about 25 minutes.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Place layers out onto cooling rack.
- Cool completely before icing.
- Beat vanilla, cream cheese, and butter until smooth.
- Add confectioners’ sugar.
- Keep beating until smooth.
- Ice a layer.
- Add the second layer.
- Finish icing the cake.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Pour the cherry pie filling on top.
- Gently spread it to the edges.
- Note: A few of the cherries will roll down the sides.
Cherries originated in Asia.