How to Make Buttermilk Scones
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Stir in buttermilk and butter until you get a dough that is soft enough.
- Prepare a lightly floured surface and turn the dough onto it. Shape the dough into a rectangle nearly 4 inches wide and ¾ inches thick by pressing it.
- Cut into small pieces (8)
- Place these scones on a baking sheet which has been lightly greased.
- Bake at 220 °C for 10-15 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Scones are pronounced in different ways across the world as s-cone and s-con.
- Initially, scones were flat, round and large like plates. Over the years, the shape has been refined.