How to Make Bread Machine Calzone
- To make the dough get the pan of the bread machine and place water, sugar, flour, yeast, powdered milk and salt into it. Do so in the order that has been suggested by the manufacturer in question.
- Select the cycle of the dough and roll it out on a lightly colored surface when the cycle you had selected is complete.
- In the meanwhile, put the sausages in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Simmer the sausages for 8-10 minutes, until they turn brown. Drain all excess reserves of fat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shape your dough into a 10 by 16 inch rectangle. Transfer it to a cookie sheet that is largely greased.
- Spoon the pizza sauce down the center of the follow.
- Follow the pizza sauce by the sausages and cheese.
- Make diagonal cuts on the dough and cut to within half an inch of your filling.
- Seal the edges with water and brush the top of your calzone with melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until they turn brown.
- Remove from inside the oven and cool it for 5 minutes, then serve when hot.
In Italian calzones mean ‘trousers’. In culinary language it is referred to something that means a pizza turnover. The item is a specialty of Naples and is well-liked by the people of that part of the world.