How to Make It
- Soak the chickpeas overnight, drain, and set aside.
- Place the chickpeas, some water, tea bag, bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, and a little
salt in the pressure cooker.
- Allow it to cool, then press the contents until soft becomes soft.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Once, hot stir in the onions and the cloves.
- Cook until they appear golden brown.
- Add the garlic-ginger paste and cook for 3 minutes. Ensure the smell of the garlic-ginger paste dissipates.
- Stir in the tomato puree, cover, and heat for 12 minutes on a medium flame.
- Mix the chole masala, paprika powder, red chilli, and cumin powder.
- Apply heat for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the drained chickpeas, making sure they are coated with spices. It may be necessary to add water to the mix.
- Replace the cover and let heat for another 25 minutes.
- Mix 1 tbsp of ghee and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.