How to make Fafda Chutney (Besan Chutney)
- Make a paste of ginger along with green chilies, mint leaves, green coriander leaves.
- To a bowl, add besan, dahi and 2 cups of water.
- Blend the mixture until it becomes smooth with even consistency with a hand blender. Ensure that there are no lumps.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium size pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds. When the seeds start to crack, add asafetida.
- Add the mixture of besan followed by kala namak, sugar and normal salt, according to your taste and allow it to boil on a moderate flame.
- Lower the flame when it starts boiling, and cook for around 5-7 minutes until earthy smell of gram flour goes away.
- Stir often so that the mixture does not burn at the bottom of the pan and sticks to it.
- Turn the flame off and add the paste consisting of ginger, chili, mint and coriander prepared earlier. Mix well and the chutney is ready to serve.
- Fafda and jalebi combination is very popular in Gujarat. It is popularly prepared for Lord Rama on Vijaya Dashami.