Beetroot Soya Chunks Biryani
cups Basmati rice – soaked in enough water for 20 minutes
beetroot –finely chopped
soy chunks – soaked in warm water for 20 minutes
cup onion – finely chopped
finely chopped tomato
green chilli- chopped
tbsp ginger garlic paste
cup mint leaves
cup coriander leaves – finely chopped
tsp turmeric powder
tsp red chilli powder
tsp coriander powder
tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
cups coconut milk
tbsp cooking oil
tsp shahi jeera
How to make Beetroot Soya Chunks Biryani
- Soak soya chunks in warm water for 20 minutes. Squeeze the water out and chop soaked soya chunks.
- Blend mint and coriander leaves with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Heat 2 tbsp groundnut oil in a wok and add cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, and shahi jeera.
- Sauté them for about 30 seconds or until aromatic
- Add chopped onions and green chilies and stir to combine. Let cook until the onions turn slightly brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp with the back of a ladle.
- Add chopped beetroot and soya chunks. Stir well.
- Add ground mint-coriander paste, turmeric, red chilli, and coriander powders.
- Season with salt, add a cup of water, stir to combine and cook for 10 minutes. Add coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Add rice lemon juice and salt as needed. Cook covered until the rice is done.
- Serve and enjoy!
Beetroot is sometimes used as a hangover remedy.