How to make Barley Salad
- Bring barley and water to a boil in a saucepan at a high temperature.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, then cover, and let simmer until the barley turns tender, but is still slightly firm in the center.
- Drain and let cool in a bowl until it reaches room temperature.
- Puree the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the puree over the barley.
- Fold in the olives, cilantro, and remaining olive oil until it is thoroughly mixed in.
- Cover, and refrigerate until the salad turns cold.
- Stir before serving.
1 foot is equivalent to 39 barleycorns.