Barbequed Thai Style Chicken
bunch fresh cilantro – with roots
cloves garlic – peeled
small red hot chili peppers – seeded and chopped
tsp ground turmeric
tsp curry powder
tbsp white sugar
tbsp fish sauce
3 pound chicken, cut into pieces
cup coconut milk
How to make Barbequed Thai Style Chicken
- Cut off cilantro root stems.
- Mince thoroughly.
- Set aside a few leaves for garnish.
- Combine cilantro roots and leaves, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, salt, sugar, and chili peppers in a blender or food processor.
- Process to a coarse paste.
- Pour in fish sauce.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Place chicken in a large shallow dish.
- Rub with the cilantro paste.
- Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Preheat grill to a high temperature.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Place chicken on the grill.
- Liberally brush with coconut milk.
- Grill chicken 8-15 minutes on each side.
- Turn only one time.
- Occasionally baste with coconut cream.
- Cook until the chicken turns brown and tender, and the juices turn clear.
Did you know barbeques have been White house tradition for a long time now since the 36th President of the United States?