- Heat the gingerly oil in a steel pan.
- Pour your dried red chile and gram dal in the hot oil, and let it fry until the gram dal turns golden.
- Chop your bell pepper and pour into the pan.
- Sauté until the bell peppers wilt.
- Turn your tamarind into the pan and sauté for a few seconds.
- Turn off the heat and let cool.
- Pour the cooled fried ingredients into a mixer jar and pour in your whole almonds.
- Pour into a grinder after mixing and add salt and water to your taste.
- Grind until you have a smooth chutney.
- Heat 2 tsp oil into a pan.
- Pour in your mustard seeds and curry leaves then temper.
- Pour the tempering into your grinded chutney and mix until you have all your ingredients properly mixed.
- You can serve the kids badam chutney with idli for breakfast or lunch and trust them to love you for it.
Almonds are not truly nuts but rather drupes seeds.