How to make Australian BBQ Meatballs
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Pour the ground beef, bread crumbs, 2 onions, curry powder, Italian seasoning, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and mix it together.
- Gradually mix in the milk until you have a nice texture for forming meatballs.
- Note: You may not need all of the milk.
- Roll the meat slightly smaller than the size golf balls.
- Place them in a greased baking dish.
- Bake the meatballs for 30 mins in the preheated oven and begin making the sauce straight away.
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan at a medium temperature.
- Add the remaining onions and cook until they are browned.
- Stir in the ketchup, beef stock, steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, instant coffee, brown sugar, and lemon juice.
- Bring the concoction to a boil over medium heat, and let it simmer while stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are done.
- Take the meatballs from the oven and drain the excess grease.
- Spoonsome sauce over them and return them to the oven.
- Bake for an additional 30 mins.
- Note: These meatballs taste best when the sauce is allowed some time to really soak into the meat.
Every culture has a meatball.