- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves — skinless
- 1 oz package dry onion soup mix
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 0.6 oz package cream of chicken soup mix
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 garlic cloves — crushed
- 1 cup orange juice
- pepper and salt
Apple and Orange Chicken is a simple recipe that uses apples and oranges to add amazing flavors as well as nutritional value. The fruit juices combine to impart chicken an unparalleled flavor and appeal like you’ve never tasted before. You need just a handful of ingredients to rustle up this dish in a few minutes. Oranges and apple together make this dish a tad bit sweet and tart while the garlic, onion and the spices bring in a bold taste resulting in a chicken that is absolutely delicious.
Though it might seem that apples and oranges might not mix well together, they work really well in this recipe and impart the chicken a unique flavor! In fact, the popular phrase “apples and oranges” has been used when referring to two things that are so different they cannot be compared!
- Apples are known to contain antioxidants, dietary fiber, and flavonoids.
- Oranges are rich in minerals and vitamins as well. They comprise of thiamin, vitamin C, potassium, and folate. They pack in plenty of dietary fiber too!
- Chicken breast is also an incredible source of low-fat protein. Proteins are essential for the body to maintain muscle mass. Chicken breast is also a good source of vitamin B6 and selenium.
How to make Apple and Orange Chicken
Apple and Orange Chicken can be cooked evenly by using an aluminum foil which will also help keep the food moist.
Did you know that oranges are assumed to have originated somewhere in northeastern India, southern China or southeastern Asia? It is believed to have been taken to the Mediterranean region by either the Italian traders or Portuguese navigators in the 15th or 16th centuries.