- 1 container of frozen whipped topping
- 2 1/2 cups of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of properly chopped walnuts
- 1 can of properly drained fruit cocktail
- 1 can of properly drained pineapple chunks
- 1 can of properly drained mandarin oranges
- 3 cups of miniature marshmallows
- 1 jar of maraschino cherries
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Ambrosia fruit salad is basically a variation of the traditional fruit salad that we’ve been eating since a long time. This amazing salad alters the way fruit salads were made and how they tasted. Not only does the salad contain sour cream, sweetened whip cream and yogurt, but it also contains an amalgamation of a wide variety of fruits. People aren’t decided yet on which fruits go into the salad, and which don’t, which is why there is a debate regarding the fruits that make the most amazing Ambrosia fruit salad. The mixture is best served after being refrigerated for a while, and will give your taste buds a taste to remember for life.
Ambrosia fruit salad is said to be really healthy for people, especially growing children. The salad gives children their desired intake of fruits, with the sweetness they would want.
How to Make Ambrosia Fruit Salad
Recipes by the name of Ambrosia started appearing in American cookbooks in late 19th century.