How to make Almond Butter
- If you want to make raw almond butter, you need not heat thealmonds; you may skip to the next step. However, if you want to quicken the process, you can preheat the oven at 350 °F and roast the almonds for 10 minutes.
- Let the almonds cool to room temperature.Then, blend the almonds. If you are not roasting the almonds, add some oil to the nuts prior to blending.
Note: you need an S blade to blend almonds.
- Turn on the blender and process them so as to turn the contents creamy. Occasionally stop and grazeoff the sides of the container. This coursemay take about 25 minutes, 15-20 minutes if you heat the almonds in oven.
Note: time taken to completely blend the almonds also depends on the size and strength of your blender
- Transfer to an airtight jar and refrigerate to preserve.
- Did you know- a20 gms serving of almond butter offers 3.3 grams of fiber, which is 9 % of the recommended daily intake for men and 13 % for that of women.