Here are Jackfruit Recipes and Ideas
Jackfruit is known to be the largest tree fruit. It is easy to grow and does not require a lot of looking after. Slowly, the food is finding popularity amidst vegans as a substitute for meat. It provides us with loads of nutrition. It has a slightly pungent smell. It is very rich in vitamin B, protein, and potassium. It can be eaten raw or cooked. It has a low carbohydrate content as well.
Here are some jackfruit recipes for you to try at home.
Jackfruit Recipes to try
Time for some interesting jackfruit recipes! Are you ready?
- Jackfruit curry: The jackfruit curry is very creamy and aromatic. It can be served with cauliflower rice. Jackfruit provides sweetness and a great texture to the gravy.
- Kalia curry with jackfruit: This is a green curry to which coriander and fresh mint leaves have been added. It should be consumed with cucumber raita.
- Jackfruit biryani: This is a rice dish that is cooked with raw jackfruit and spices. The tender jackfruit is marinated with spices and yogurt. Jackfruit has a texture like meat and can be used as a substitute for meat by vegetarians.
Health benefits of jackfruit
Let us see some health benefits of jackfruit.
- Research has found that raw jackfruit contains vitamin C and antioxidants.
- It helps to boost the immune system function.
- It is very rich in potassium and thus helps in reducing blood pressure. It also prevents heart diseases.
- It contains a moderate number of calories and a lot of fiber. It is very rich in vitamins and minerals.
- The seeds of jackfruit can also be consumed.
- It also contains copper, manganese, and magnesium. Jackfruit also contains protein that helps to prevent blood sugar from rising too quickly. It also provides relief from stress and inflammation.