How to Make Zucchini Risotto
Prepare Chicken Stock
- Add leftover chicken bones, wings, and chicken cubes to a large pot filled with water.
- Add vegetables such as onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and parsley for enhanced taste.
- Cover the cooking pot with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 hours.
- If you want to preserve it for later, cook it for another 1-2 hours to make it more concentrated.
- Melt butter in a saucepan at medium heat.
- Add garlic, onions, and tomatoes to the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes until the onion pieces become translucent.
- Add zucchini, oregano, basil leaves, thyme, and parsley and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cream. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in another cooking pot. It can take up to half an hour.
- Add cooked rice to the saucepan and gradually add chicken stock while stirring continuously.
- Season with salt and black pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini risotto to a serving dish and sprinkle grated cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Although many people believe tomato is a vegetable, it’s actually a fruit.
- There are over 10,000 varieties of tomatoes available around the world.
- Tomatoes are also available in yellow, pink, black, white, and purple colors.
- Tomatoes were introduced in Europe during the mid 1500’s.
- China is the largest tomato producer.