- Begin by slicing tomatoes and mozzarella in similar size and shape.
- On a platter, arrange mozzarella and tomatoes slices alternating and overlapping them until it creates a border on the sides of the platter.
- Sprinkle basil or arugula leaves on top of mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper, arugula and dried oregano.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and serve.
- The reason why mozzarella is so stretchy is because it is an underdeveloped young cheese and the protein structure is still elastic.
- Basil is sacred in the Hindu Culture and is believed to be a favorite of their god.
- Basil is an annual herb and its lifetime is only a year long.
- The people of Greece are one of the largest consumers of cheese worldwide.
- Arugula has the ability to fight cancer with the glucosinolates present in it.
The scientific name for common tomato is ycopersicum, which literally means wolf peach.