Viva Madrid Spanish Chicken
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded thin
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
6 slices bacon, chopped
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
6 dates, pitted and chopped
2 cups chicken stock
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
dried thyme to taste
How to make Viva Madrid Spanish Chicken
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Dredge chicken in flour to evenly coat. Brown chicken in the skillet about 2 minutes on each side.
- Set aside chicken, and heat remaining olive oil in the skillet.
- Mix in bacon, onions, and garlic, and cook until onions are tender and bacon is evenly brown. Mix in dates. Pour in the chicken stock, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet. Season with chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Cover, and continue cooking 15 minutes over low heat, or until chicken juices run clear.
Did you know, the fear of chickens particularly is called alektorophobia.