Traditional Chicken Keleguin
1 whole chicken
1 coconut – drained and meat grated
2 lemons – juiced
1 bunch green onions – chopped
3 tbsp dried red pepper flakes
salt to taste
How to make Traditional Chicken Keleguin
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Place whole chicken into a roasting pan.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour or until the leg moves easily within its socket.
- Remove from the oven and allow the chicken to cool slightly.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and dispose of it properly.
- Tear the meat from the bones and chop it into small pieces.
- Place the chicken into a large bowl and discard the bones.
- Stir in the green onions and grated coconut.
- Sprinkle the chicken generously with lemon juice.
- Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
- Taste and adjust the amounts of lemon juice, salt, and red pepper so that the flavors are balanced.
Variations of chicken keleguin are also found in Guam.