Tender Italian Baked Chicken
cups all purpose flour (sifted)
Freshly ground black pepper
4 (6 ounce each)
boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
cloves of garlic – minced
slices mozzarella cheese
grated parmesan cheese
angel hair pasta (hot cooked)
fresh parsley (finely chopped)
How to Make Tender Italian Baked Chicken
- Preheat your oven to 400 degree F.
- Grease a 1x7 inch baking dish with butter or extra olive oil and keep aside.
- In a large zip lock or re-sealable plastic bag, add flour, pepper and salt and give it a shake to mix everything.
- Pat dry chicken breasts halves with a paper towel and add them to the flour mixture.
- Shake the bag vigorously to coat each piece evenly.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the flour coated chicken breasts to the skillet and fry them until lightly golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer chicken to the greased baking dish and set aside.
- In the same skillet add the remaining 1 tbsp. oil and sauté garlic for 1 minute.
- Add tomato puree to the skillet and season with oregano and basil, and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Pour sauce over the chicken in the baking dish, cover the dish with aluminum foil and put it in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the dish and reserve the sauce in a separate bowl.
- Add chicken back to the baking dish, top each piece with one slice of mozzarella and sprinkle parmesan.
- Bake in the oven, uncovered for 6-8 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- To serve, add angel hair pasta on a platter, top with one chicken breast, pour reserved sauce on top and garnish with parsley.
- Did you know that the Egyptians loved chicken so much that 4,000 years ago they built brick incubators that could hold up to 10,000 chicks at one time?
According to the National Chicken Council, more than 100 million pounds of chicken wings are consumed during the Super Bowl weekend each year.