Spinach and Mushroom Quesadillas
1 (10 ounce) pack of spinach, finely chopped
2 cups of cheddar cheese, grated
2 tbsp of butter
2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
2 portobello mushroom caps
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
How to make Spinach and Mushroom Quesadillas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (or 175 degrees C).
- To the tortilla, sprinkle ½ cup of shredded cheese on one side on all the tortillas.
- Place the prepared tortillas (cheese side up) on a lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook them for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add equal amounts of the cooked mixture to the cheese tortillas.
- Heat the oil and place the quesadillas in the skillet, one at a time.
- Let it cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- To serve, cut each quesadilla in 4 wedges.
In the United States of America, mushrooms are one of the most sought-after veggies. In fact, everyone loves mushrooms so much that the country celebrates a National Mushroom Day every year on the 15th of October.