- 1 pound uncooked spaghetti, dried
- 1 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, fine chopped
- 250 g large shrimps or prawns, cleaned and deveined (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, for taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed (for taste)
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
For Garnishing :
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
Looking for a quick yet mouth-watering recipe for a weekend lunch or dinner? Try out Spaghetti Aglio e Olio!
It’s the perfect fit for a family dinner and even your children will love the recipe.You can add different vegetables to make it even healthier.
Although spaghetti is a mouth-watering food item, not many people know it’s also good for health. It’s a cholesterol free food that also makes up for your daily nutritional requirements. It keeps you physically as well as mentally fit and fine.
Women of child-bearing age should make it a part of their routine diet, since it’s rich in folic acid and vitamins.
Protein 6.8 g
Carbohydrates 40.2 g
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
Fat 14.4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
How to Make Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
As an April fool prank in 1957, BBC fooled everyone into believing that spaghetti grew on trees.