How to make Sesame Potato Chips
- Wash the potatoes and slice them very thin.
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, lime juice, and pepper with the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Place the potatoes on an aluminum foil and sprinkle them with sesame seeds, minced ginger and a little dash of cayenne pepper.
- Grill the chips on high heat for 15-20 minutes and serve hot and garnish with few more sesame seeds and chopped cilantro.
- Sesame seeds are apparently one of the first plants to be used as edible oil and also one of the first condiments ever! Japan is the world’s largest Sesame importer as the Japanese basically use Sesame in everything! China bags the second place.
- Flavored Potato Chips were first prepared in Ireland. Potato chips were first coincidentally prepared by a chef back in 1853 because a customer had sent back a potato dish multiple times.