Roasted Garlic Potato Soup
large Yukon gold potatoes – peeled and diced
garlic cloves – peeled
cup canola oil
tbsp olive oil
shallot – peeled and diced
leek – white part only, trimmed, and diced
cup dry white wine
chicken stock – clear
heavy whipping cream
tsp fresh thyme – chopped
tsp fresh sage – chopped
tsp fresh rosemary – chopped
tsp ground cumin
tsp Dijon mustard
teaspoon Tabasco sauce
lemon – juiced
salt and pepper
How to Make Roasted Garlic Potato Soup
- Place garlic and canola oil in a small saucepan.
- Let simmer until the garlic turns a golden brown.
- Strain the garlic from the oil.
- Pour olive oil in a 5-6 qt stockpot over medium high heat.
- Add shallot, leeks and potatoes.
- Sauté for 12-15 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to brown.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine.
- Reduce to the liquid to 1/3 of its original volume.
- Add chick stock and cream.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Pour soup into blender.
- Add half the garlic, and process until smooth.
- Return soup to stockpot over low heat.
- Add seasonings and blend well.
- Garnish with remaining garlic gloves.
- Serve and enjoy!
Garlic attracts leeches.