How to Make Rigatoni Ala
- Fill a large pot with water, season with 2 tsp. of salt and bring it to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan over medium high heat, add garlic and red chili flakes and fry until both are aromatic and start to sizzle (around 30-45 seconds)
- Add tomatoes with their juice and vodka to the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low flame, cover pan with a lid halfway and let the sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce reduces by 25%.
- Add the sauce to a blender and blend it to a smooth consistency and pour it back in the saucepan.
- Add cream, Parmigiano reggiano, salt, pepper, parsley and red chili flakes to the sauce: stir and let it simmer on low heat for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile add rigatoni to the boiling water and cook it for 10-12 minutes, or according to the package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce and increase the heat to a medium flame and stir to combine well (around 1 minute).
- Serve while hot with more parmesan sprinkled on top.
Did you know about the Vodka Belt? It is a belt of countries where vodka is one most highly consumed alcoholic beverages. The countries include Russia, Hungary, Belarus, Ukraine, Poland, Slovakia, and all Baltic and Nordic countries.