How to make Ridge Gourd Chutney
- Heat 1 tbsp. of the oil in a pan. Add the chana dal, urad dal, chillies, and garlic. Fry the ingredients well until color changes to golden. Remove from the pan and blend to a paste.
- Add the remaining oilto the pan. Add the gourd and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Add the chana dal paste, and the tamarind and jaggery pastes. Mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Mix them well and continue cooking for about 15 minutes.
- Serve it immediately.
Include chutneys of any type with your lunch to brighten up the flavor of your meal. Check Vaya Tyffyn online to a fantastic variety of tiffin lunch boxes.
- When the ridge gourd is allowed to mature, it becomes the loofah, the fibrous scrubbing sponge.