Rajma masala is a healthy, wholesome, and comforting curry cooked
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, green chilli, cloves and brown cardamom seeds and sauté till the spices release aroma.
- Add chopped onions till translucent and add ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell of garlic disappears.
- Add tomatoes
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, and cumin powder.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sugar and let cook.
- Add some water, stir the onion-tomato mixture and let simmer.
- Add cooked rajma and more water if needed and let simmer.
- Mash about a handful of cooked rajma for consistency and let the rajma masala simmer.
- Now add green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Mix all these together for a minute or two.
- Incorporate curd and butter, turn off the heat and garnish with coriander.
- Enjoy spicy rajma curry.
Who doesn’t like warm Rajma? Make sure you pack them in a lunchbox or storage containers that is insulated, to keep Rajma not just hot, but also fresh.