How to make Ragi Dosa
- Mix ragi flour, chopped green chillies, rice flour, sour curd, water, and salt until combined thoroughly into a batter. Set aside to settle for 30 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and onion and stir well.
- Heat oil for tempering in a small pan.
- Add mustard seeds and wait for them to crackle.
- Add cumin seeds and curry leaves, let crackle.
- Remove tempering from heat and pour over batter.
- Heat tawa over medium flame.
- Smear oil over the surface, stir the batter, take 1 ladle full, and pour it from a height of 2-3 inches in a circular motion from the center to the sides. Leave some empty gaps so it can cook evenly. Do not spread it.
- Drizzle 1 tsp of oil around the edges of the dosa and continue to cook until the surface changes to brown. This will take about 1 minute.
- Flip the dosa over carefully with a spatula, and let it cook for another 30-40 seconds.
- Turn off the heat. Fold your ragidosa and set on a serving plate.
Pair your ragi dosa with a fresh coconut chutney for a truly delicious dining experience, and be sure to set some aside in your lunch box for tomorrow!
- Ragi dosais one of the healthiest types of dosa, thanks primarily to the ragi flour that is its main component. It is one of the best ways to start your day, packed with nutrients, protein, and everything you need to stay healthy and functioning through your work day.