How to Make Pyaaz Kachori
- To prepare the dough, combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and crumble. Knead for about 4 to 5 minutes or until you get a semi-soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- To prepare the onion filling, heat oil in a broad non-stick pan, add nigella seeds, fennel seeds, bay leaves, green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes. Stir in besan, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala and salt and roast over a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the flame and stir in coriander leaves. Discard the bay leaves.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions.
To make kachoris:
- Roll out each portion of the semi-soft dough into a circle of about 2.5 inches in diameter.
- Place one portion of the onion filling in the centre.
- Bring together all the sides, seal it tightly and remove any excess dough.
- Roll again into a circle of about 3 inches in diameter, while ensuring that the filling does not spill out.
- Gently press the centre of the kachori with your thumb.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 11 more kachoris.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep-fry 6 kachoris at a time over on a medium flame for 4 minutes. Reduce the flame and deep-fry on a slow flame for 5 to 6 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and enjoy with your favourite condiment.
Some onions are so sweet they can be eaten like apples.