- 6 medium sized baking potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- canola oil or grapeseed oil for greasing
- himalayan pink salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 strips of thinly sliced bacon
- 4 oz Grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 finely sliced green onions along with the greens
There is one word that comes to the mind on the very mention of comfort food and that is the classic all-time favorite – potatoes!Besides the succulent and fleshy texture of this universal favorite vegetable, it is the earthy and buttery notes of its flavors that wins everyone over, be it kids, adults or the elderly!
And the cherry on the cake is how wonderfully quick and easy it is to prepare a whole lot of yummy dishes from this humble yet versatile vegetable.Let us explore one of the most loved evergreen recipes, the good old crispy, and cheesy potato skins!
Apart from being lip-smacking, this delicious treat can also boost your health!
- Potato skin is an excellent source of vitamin B6.
- It has almost half of the daily requirement of vitamin C.
- Potato skins have more potassium than bananas.
- They are also rich in fiber, antioxidants, and
- Potato skins are low in cholesterol, sodium, and
- They are rich in iron.
How to Make Potato Skins
Bake the Potatoes
Cook the Bacon
Prep the Potatoes
Bake the Skin
Add Bacon and Cheese
Garnish with Sour Cream and Green Onions