- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion – finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves--finely chopped
- 1 large piece ginger, grated
- 1 tsp curry powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 green chilli, split
- 1 lemon, squeezed for juice
- To serve: handful cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- To serve: natural yogurt and naan bread
In India this dish is commonly known as aloo gobi. It started out as a Punjabi dish but it now very popular and is a favorite across Pakistan and India.In truth, this is probably the most popular and basic vegetable curry dish you’ll get anywhere in India.It is filling and not expensive to make, and coincidentally, it is also a vegan recipe. You definitely need to have it in your repertoire.
- This dish is made up of many ingredients with several health benefits. The potato it contains is a good source of carbohydrates.
- This dish will give your body vitamin A, which is good for your eyesight. Also, there are many ingredients in this dish that helps boost your immune system and help you fight various diseases.
How to make Potato Curry
You can keep your foods fresher for longer by simply using a Vaya Tyffyn lunchbox. It serves various kinds of meals and it doesn’t matter how long the food is in the lunchbox, it will still be as crisp and as tasty as it was when it was lifted off the stove. So you can now go about your business activities in your office, or pack your kids’ lunch for school and be rest assured that it will still be fresh and steaming hot!