- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease the muffin tray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, yeast and salt together and mix well. Whisk in ½ cup warm water and knead until it forms a dough. Dust some flour on a flat clean surface and knead for another 5-10 minutes until it is sticky and soft. The consistency should be as such that the dough should be able to spring back when touched or poked.
- Roll out the pizza dough until it is half an inch thick.
- Take a 3 inch cookie cutter and cut 12 circles. Roll these circles again and place them at the bottom of the muffin tray.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the pizza circles and also on the sides of the cup lining.
- Sprinkle in the mozzarella cheese equally in all the cups.
- Place a basil leaf on each of the muffin cup along with cherry tomato halves.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the muffins rise and cheese melted.
- Let it stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Pizza is one of the most popular dishes in the world that every country has hundreds of restaurants serving pizzas.
- There have been many pizza variations and you can make it hundreds flavors.
- The original pizza is served only in Italy or authentic Italian restaurants. It is a thin crusted dough with minimal cheese, lots of vegetable and sauce with some meat. The Americanized version of pizza is not something Italians consider original pizza.
- An average American consumes 6000 slices of pizza in his/her entire life.
- The first pizzeria was Lombardi’s in New York in 1905.
New York has hundreds of pizzerias simply because there is a huge Italian American immigrant community there and so New York style pizza is famous the worked over.