How to Make Pizza Chicken
- Set the oven on preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Taking the skinless and boneless chicken breast pieces make incisions in a "Hasselback style.” Ensure that the incisions are made at a distance of 1/2 inch. Be careful not to cut all the way through the chicken.
- Taking half of the tomato sauce spread it on the bottom of an 8 by 8-inch baking sheet in an even layer.
- Place the chicken on the top and smear the remaining tomato sauce on the chicken and in between the breast slices.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper on the top of the chicken breast slices.
- Let the chicken bake for around 20 to 25 minutes until it is cooked to perfection.
- Use the shredded cheese and sprinkle it on the chicken and between the slices. Place the mini pepperonis on the top and bake further for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- The quantity of ingredients is dependent on the size of the chicken breast slices and personal preferences.
- The word “pizza” was first introduced in 997 AD in a Latin text from a small Italian town, Gaeta.
- Pepperoni that is used in the topping of Pizza Chicken is reported to be most adored topping across the world. 36% of pizzas in America have pepperoni topping and nearly 125885 US tons of pepperoni are consumed annually.
October is celebrated as National Pizza Month in the US.