How to make Pineapple Fried Rice
- Combine the juice from crushed pineapple with 3 cups of water in a medium saucepan,.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the rice and boil again.
- Cover and reduce the heat to simmer.
- Cook 25-30 min or until rice turns tender.
- Heat the walnut or peanut oil in a nonstick wok.
- Add the eggs, do not stir and cook until set.
- Slide the eggs out of the wok onto a plate.
- Cut the eggs into short, narrow strips.
- In the same wok, heat sesame oil and stir fry the tofu with the mushrooms, soy sauce, green onions, and carrots for approximately 4 mins.
- Stir in cooked rice, pineapple, and egg strips and heat for a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
It takes 3 years for a pineapple to mature.