- Throw all the ingredients into a blender.
- Spin a couple of times and your pesto is ready.
- Set it aside until it is needed for the white sauce.
For White Sauce
- Heat up a pan and add butter in it.
- Melt it at medium heat.
- Add flour in the pan and whisk them well until the butter and flour have mixed up.
- Add half of the milk into the pan and whisk it as well until it becomes thick.
- Add the other half and repeat the same process to get thick texture of the sauce.
- Add cheddar cheese into the pan and again whisk it until it has completely dissolved into the sauce.
- Add the pesto you had prepared into the sauce and mix it well.
- Take it off the heat and set it aside for assembling.
For Lasagna Sheets
- Take a deep pot.
- Pour water in the pot.
- Add salt and oil.
- Now bring the water to boil.
- Add lasagna sheets in the water and boil until they are left only slightly uncooked.
- Take it off the heat, drain the hot water and run it through cold water.
- Set aside until it is needed for assembling.
- Take a deep baking dish.
- Lay down a layer of the white sauce at its very base.
- Now lay out layer of lasagna sheet on top.
- Apply another layer of the sauce.
- Place diced sweet potatoes and the spinach on top of this layer.
- Now cover it with another layer of lasagna.
- Keep repeating this process until you reach the brim of the dish.
- Sprinkle the top with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the lasagna at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Serve it hot!
- Pesto Lasagna is also known as Lasagne al pesto.
Lasagna is not an Italian word at all. It belongs to an ancient Greek language laganon.