- 2 shallots, minced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2-4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Pesto Cream Sauce
Known as ‘pesto’ in Italian and ‘pest’ in Ligurian, the Italian pronunciation of pesto cream sauce is ‘pesto alla genovese’ is a sauce with its origin from Genoa, the capital city of Liguria, Italy.
The olden Romans used to eat a very similar paste called moretum which was made by ground garlic, salt, cheese, herbs, olive oil and vinegar together.