Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
creamy peanut butter
packed light brown sugar
unsalted butter, melted
pure vanilla extract
honey-roasted peanuts – finely chopped
strawberry or grape jelly or jam
How to make Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk both flours, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Whisk 1/3 cup peanut butter, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla, milk, and eggs in a medium bowl.
- Stir into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fill each muffin cups ¾ of the way.
- Smooth out the batter by tapping the bottom of the pan lightly on the counter.
- Bake until the muffins are lightly browned
- Note: a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean after about 25 minutes.
- Let the muffins in the pan cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove to a rack to cool completely.
- Scoop out a shallow hole in the middle of each muffin using a melon baller or teaspoon.
- Melt the remaining 2/3 cup peanut butter in the microwave until it loosens up.
- Spread the peanuts on a plate.
- Dip the top of 1 muffin in the melted peanut butter.
- Let the excess drip off.
- Dip in the chopped peanuts to coat.
- Transfer to the rack.
- Repeat with the remaining muffins.
- Spoon a tablespoon of jelly or jam into the hole in each muffin.
- Let set for 5 minutes.
The largest peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the world was made in Texas and weighed 1,342 pounds.