How to make Fettuccine alfredo
- Over low heat, stir the butter, cornflour and clotted cream in a medium-sized pan. Bring to simmer lightly. Turn the heat off and keep warm. Set aside.
- Put the nutmeg and cheese in a little bowl and then add ground black pepper. Stir everything together. Don’t put any salt in it at this stage.
- Plunk the pasta in a different pan and add 2 teaspoon salt. Pour over some water that’s boiling and cook according to the instructions on the pack (usually 3 to 4 minutes). When cooked well enough, scoop out some of the water into a mug or jug that’s heatproof. Drain the pasta, not too thoroughly though.
- Add the cooked pasta to the saucepan that holds the clotted cream mixture. Sprinkle the cheese over and use a rubber spatula to fold everything together gently over low heat.
- When combined well, splash in 3 tablespoon of the water you removed. The pasta will first look sloppy and wet; continue stirring till the cooking water is properly absorbed and the sauce becomes glossy. Before you transfer to heated bowls, make sure you first check the seasoning.
- Sprinkle over some parsley or chives. Your delicious Fettuccine alfredo is ready to serve immediately.
How to Make Beef Stroganoff
- In a frying pan that doesn’t stick, heat the olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes or until it softens completely. If you notice it starting to stick, add a splash of water immediately.
- Crush the garlic and put it in. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and add the butter. When the butter starts to foam, add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until it softens completely. Season everything very well and then tip the mixture onto a large plate.
- Meanwhile, tip the plain flour into a large bowl and add a big pinch of pepper and salt.After that, toss the sliced fillet steak in the flour you’ve seasoned. Add the pieces of steak to the frying pan and fry for about 3-4 minutes or until well colored. If the pan looks dry, splash in some oil.
- Tip the mushrooms and onions into the pan back. Whisk the mustard, beef stock and crème fraiche together, and then pour the mixture into the pan. Over medium heat, cook for 5 minutes. Scatter over with parsley. Your delicious Beef Stroganoff is ready to serve. You can serve with rice or pappardelle.
To ensure your foods are never cold, get a Vaya Tyffyn lunchbox. These lunchboxes are designed to be airtight in order to make sure your meals stay in perfect conditions. No heating or microwaving before you can enjoy your meal that’s still steaming hot.
The National pasta month is October.