8 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic – crushed
1 lemon – juiced
1 can sardines in tomato sauce
1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
This is one of those Italian dishes that combine two different aspects of its cuisines and succeeds at it. A mixture of the classic Italian pasta and smoked Sardines, it creates a dish that is fit for consumption at any occasion without much hassle. People can enjoy this dish without worrying about the time it would take to prepare or the ingredients.
It can be easily prepared using ingredients that are usually present in any household.
- Pasta is really good for sustained energy.
- It’s a wonderful source of glucose.
- It has essential fats for the muscles and the brain.
- It is rich with folic acid.
- It contains Vitamin A.
- It’s low on Sodium and is cholesterol free.
- It includes iron and Vitamin B.
- It is also quite rich in Fiber.
- It has a low Glycemic Index (GI)
- It is good for those on a diet.
How to Make Pasta de Sardine
The method of cooking pasta is known as al dente.