How to Make Pasta con Sarde
- Heat a large pot of water. Bring it to a boil.
- Meanwhile, combine the currants, red-pepper flakes and wine in a small bowl. Set it aside.
- Melt the butter in a small pan. Add the breadcrumbs and cook until golden brown.
- Transfer the breadcrumbs in a bowl. Pour in two tablespoons of the olive oil. Set it aside.
- Medium heat ½ cup olive oil in a deep heavy skillet. Add onions, garlic, fennel bulb, fennel seeds, and salt. Stir thoroughly until the fennel is tender, for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Now add the wine mixture and the chopped sardines. Bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and bring it to a simmer, for 10 minutes.
- Add enough salt to the boiling water until it tastes salty. Add the bucatini pasta. Cook it for 6 to 8 minutes, until properly cooked.
- Once cooked, fold in the fennel-sardine mixture. Pour in the remaining tablespoons of olive oil. Add the fennel fronds, pine nuts, capers and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the pasta with the remaining breadcrumbs and fennel fords.
- Serve it with coke or juice and enjoy!
- Pasta con sarde is a Sicilian dish.
- The pasta contains ingredients like sardines, anchovies, fennels, and raisins.
To finish the dish, it is topped with breadcrumbs.