How to make Papaya Halwa Recipe
- Heat ghee in a deep-bottomed pan over medium flame.
- Once the ghee melts, add the grated papaya and cook for 10 minutes.
- Keep stirring until the fruit releases the juice and changes color.
- Once the papaya is cooked or roasted, add sugar to it and continue stirring until you see the ghee separate from the fruit.
- Add milk powder and green cardamom powder and stir continuously.
- Let the halwa cook for another 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Garnish with halved cashews and serve hot!
- Papaya is the fruit of the plant Carica papaya and is one of the 22 accepted species in the genus Carica of the plant family Caricaceae.
- A papaya tree can grow from seed to a 20-foot, fruit-bearing tree in less than 18 months.
- Original halva or halwa is a confection or sweetmeat originating in the Balkans and eastern Mediterranean regions. It is prepared from ground sesame seeds, honey or sugar syrup, with different ingredients such as dried fruit, pistachio nuts, farina (semolina), and almonds sometimes added.