How to make Oats Rava Idli
- Combine oat flour, semolina, curds and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl. Cover with a lid and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds. When the seeds begin to crackle, add asafoetida. Stir over a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add this tempering and the remaining ingredients, except fruit salt, to the prepared oats-semolina batter and mix well.
- Grease idli molds with water.
- Add fruit salt with 2 tsp of water to the batter just before steaming the idlies. Mix gently as the bubbles began to form.
- Ladle out battle into the idli molds and steam 7 to 8 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
- Remove idli plates from the steamer and let cool slightly.
- Spoon out the idlies and enjoy with sambar and coconut chutney.
A historical argument in the UK is whether oats are for people or horses.