- Soak rava in 3/4 cup buttermilk for 2 hours.
- Grind grated ginger and green chilies to a smooth paste.
- Dry roast oats in pan or kadhai for few seconds then remove from heat.
- Let cool and grind to a coarse powder in a mixer.
- Mix oats powder with soaked rava.
- Add grated carrot, coriander, ginger-chili paste and salt. Add buttermilk as needed and prepare a thick batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat a tava. Apply little oil/butter on one side of bread slice and toast it.
- Spread oats-rava mixture in a thin layer on the toasted side.
- Turn the other side of bread and apply little oil/ghee.
- Toast the bread slice till it turns brown on both sides.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite condiment.
Oats are eaten by 75% of the American population.