How to make Mutter Paneer
- Blend onions, tomatoes, ginger, and garlic to smooth puree.
- In a pan, heat oil over medium flame and splutter cumin seeds and a bay leaf.
- Sautépaneer until cooked and set aside.
- Add a little more oil and sautéchilies for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion-tomato puree and stir till the mixture till the rawness of tomato diminishes.
- Add peas, let cook partially.
- Add a little water, (if the mixture has reduced too fast), cover with a lid and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add salt, turmeric and garam masala, and cooked paneer and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the stove and garnish with a drizzle of cream and chopped coriander.
- India is the second largest producer of green peas after China.
- Sulfur-based compounds are the reason why people shed tears while chopping onions! To prevent onions from making you cry, soak the onions in water or refrigerate them prior to chopping.