How to Make Milk Jam
- Take a clean medium sized pot. Pat dry it and pour milk in it. Add sugar and place the pot on the medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- While boiling keep stirring so that the sugar dissolves and make sure not to heat the milk as much that it gets over-boiled
- Once the milk starts to boil reduce the heat to low. Simmer it gently in clockwise rotation and then whisk it occasionally until the milk’s consistency starts to thicken.
- When the color of the milk turns to light reddish-brown and when it has reduced to scant 1 cup then turn off the heat. It usually takes around 40 to 45 minutes to get the milk reduced to this color and consistency.
- Now transfer this jam to a heatproof jar and let it cool for a while. Cover the jar and place it in a fridge to let it chill.
- When serving, whisk together 1 tablespoon each of milk jam and crème fraîche in a small bowl and add more jam to sweeten it if necessary.
- National Milk Day is celebrated in the USA on 11th of January, whereas, World Milk Day is celebrated on June 1.
- June is considered to be the National Dairy Month
A cow has the ability to produce 6.3 gallons of milk on a daily basis