How to make Microwave Sambhar
- Soak the arhar ki dal for ½ hr in 2 cups of boiling water.
- Add salt and onions.
- Cook covered at high temperature for 5 minutes.
- Stir and cook again at 70% for 10 minutes.
- Mash or blend the dal into a pulp.
- Mix in the sambhar masala and sugar.
- Mix the oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, and red chilies together in another dish.
- Cook covered at a high temperature for 3 minutes.
- Add the dal mixture with 2 cups of boiling water.
- Cook covered at 70%.
- Stir once.
- Mix in the tamarind.
- Cook covered at 30% for 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Lentils have been found in ancient Egyptian tombs.