- Stir milk gradually with flour until smooth.
- Add the salted beaten egg while stirring constantly.
- Brush a six inch teflon coated fry pan with oil or butter for each shell or crepe.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter in the bottom of pan, tilting back and forth so it spreads evenly.
- Cook slowly until just set.
Note: Do not brown.
- Turn over and let other side set.
- Slide the crepe off the pan and onto the plate to cool slightly.
- Repeat until all of the batter is used.
- Place 2 tbs of your cheese filling into the center of the crepe/shell.
- Bring the sides over so they overlap to hold filling inches.
- Arrange side by side in a baking pan with your favorite sauce, topped with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400° F for about 20 minutes.
Manicotti is actually an Italian American pasta.