How to make Mango Pickle
- Choose a fresh raw mango, wash and dry them. Wipe it with a cloth thoroughly.
- Make sure all the utensils in preparation are dry.
- In a pan, dry roast the fenugreek seeds, transfer into a plate and let them cool down.
- In the same pan, just warm the oil and set it aside to cool.
- Chop mangoes into cubes.
- In a large dry bowl add chopped mango pieces, red chili powder (add as required), mustard powder, salt (as required) and garlic. Mix well.
- Pour oil and mix well. Set it aside for 48hours.
- Stir the pickle well and taste it. Add salt if needed
- Store the pickle in a dry glass jar.
- Mangos have been grown in India for about 5,000 years and were originally small, fibrous fruits like plums. There are now over 500 species grown there.
- Mango trees are long-lived, with some trees over 300 years old still producing fruit.