Mama’s Italian Wedding Soup
extra-lean ground beef
dried bread crumbs
grated parmesan cheese
spinach - packed, rinsed and thinly sliced
How to Make Mama’s Italian Wedding Soup
- Take a medium size bowl and mix the beef, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onions in it.
- Mix them until the mixture has gotten a smooth texture.
- Now begin forming little ¾ inch balls.
- Set these little balls aside at room temperature.
- Place a large stockpot on heat.
- Prepare a chicken broth.
- Bring it up to boil.
- Mix in the spinach, pasta, carrot and meatballs.
- Stir them continuously.
- Begin boiling again.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Keep stirring at a slow boil for about 10 minutes.
- Keep stirring until pasta is al dente.
- You should be careful to check that meatballs shouldn’t be pink inside.
- Take it out in a bowl.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve it hot with some garlic bread.
- There is evidence that this soup has existed since the Ancient Roman times.
This particular kind of soup is one of the most popular renditions of pasta soup in all of Europe.